Download Dramatica Story Expert 5 for Macintosh
Dramatica Story Expert (5.0.6) may not be able to open after installing the Screenwriter 6.2.1 pre-release. Download and install this pre-release of Dramatica Story Expert (5.2.0) to allow it to run again.
File version: 5.2.0 release 59 (Beta)
System requirements: OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) - 10.11 (El Capitan)
- This download will Install Dramatica Story Expert 5 as a new installation or update an an existing version. This will not affect any of your existing documents.
- If you do not own a license, it will run as a 14-day trial.
- Click to view summary of changes
- Click on the link below to start the download.
- Open the DMG file if it does not do so automatically after the download has completed.
- Double click on the installer icon.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the program. You will be prompted
for your Mac system password during installation.
NOTE: In some cases the installer may ask you to click the "Upgrade" button to install. In these cases, go ahead and click "Upgrade" to complete installation.
Once the installation is complete, you can locate the program in the /Applications/Dramatica Story Expert folder on your hard drive.
Fixes/Changes in 5.2 (Beta)
NOTE: version 5.2 was a rebuild to support installation on El Capitan 10.11.4.
- Dictionary Window completely rewritten. Now text looks great, and topics can be searched!
- New Story Example: "Lord of the Flies" (thanks, Mike Wollaeger!)
- Corrected: There is a text entry field under "Create a Character" instead of an informational field
- Corrected: Create characters link (in kDQSSG3OSChar)
- Installer updated to fix problem with copy operation wiping out user's myGist.gst file
- Corrected: Typo > Story Guide
- Corrected: Typo > Gist for Issue of Permission (which also has a correction for the context example for Concern of The Future)
- Removed some quotes from Instant Dramatica throughline titles in "Star Wars.dr5" example file
- Corrected: instances where slash (/) had been converted to ∞2 in the example files
- Fixed a potential crash when scrolling in the Font Preferences pane