Have you tried searching the Answer Center?
Answers to most technical issues can be found in our online knowledge base.
Misplaced your Serial Number?
If you need the serial number to install or activate your software, please contact Customer Service.
Hours of Operation
We are open from 9 AM - 5 PM,
Monday-Friday, Pacific Time.
We are closed for lunch from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM.
All requests for technical support must include the serial number for your software
How do I find my serial number?
- Did you just install MacOS Sierra (10.12) and can no longer run the Screenwriter? Click here.
- Did you just receive a Windows update and can no longer run Screenwriter? Click here.
We try to respond to requests for Technical Support on the same business day, but generally repspond no later than the close of the next business day.
If you have a question about an order, billing, have lost your serial number or have some other non-technical issue, please contact Customer Service.
U.S., Canada, and International: +1 (818) 843-6557
U.S. and Canada: +1 (800) 84-STORY [+1 (800) 847-8679]
Requests to Customer service via email are answered on the next business day (excluding holidays and weekends).
If our activation server is down outside of business hours, you
can click the button below to notify us. Before clicking the button below,
please install the latest update for your product from our Downloads page
and try activating again.
Report a server outage
- Open the program.
- Click on Help > About.
- Open the program.
- Click on the program menu next to the Apple and select About <Program Name> (e.g., About Screenwriter).
If you cannot open the program...
- Boxed Product — The serial number is on a sticker inside the case (above the CD) or on the back of the insert booklet.
- Electronic Downloads — If you purchased an electronic copy from Screenplay.com, please sign in at Screenplay.com. Click on Track Your Order, View Your Order/Billing History, and then click on the Order # to view the receipt that contains your serial number. The serial number is also in the confirmation e-mail that was sent to you after you made your purchase.
- Older Product — If you purchased the program prior to 2006, the top half of the registration card ("Save This Panel!") has your serial number on it.
If you still cannot locate your serial number click here to have a Customer Service representative attempt to retrieve it for you.